Our APLH Personal Licence Course
BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
The market-leading personal licence holder qualification (APLH), and the industry’s recognised qualification of choice – from Inn-Dispensable, established for 25 years and with more positive online reviews than all of our competitors combined!
Personal Licence Course
Inn-Dispensable’s 1-Day APLH Course
- All Courses Conducted by Highly-experienced, Friendly Tutors
- Training Sites Nationwide
- 100% BII & Government Approved Courses
- Personal Licence Exam Included
(40 minutes long, with multiple-choice questions)
- Mock Exam Included
- Lunch & Refreshments Included
- 6 Months Provisional Membership of
the British Institute of Innkeeping (BII)
Everything you need to know to apply for a personal licence
The BIIAB APLH training course covers everything you need to know to pass the qualification’s exam and apply for your personal licence. It covers the syllabus set by government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- the application process for a personal licence
- the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the premises licence
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
The BIIAB APLH exam will always contain questions on the essential areas of knowledge:
- the sale of alcohol to and the consumption of alcohol by children
- serving a person who is drunk
- the licensing objectives
- the duty of a personal licence holder to declare relevant offences
- rights of entry of authorised persons
Alternatively, click on one of the region/area links on this page to locate your closest Personal Licence training venue.
The Official BIIAB Personal Licence Workbook
Many of our candidates find it helpful to read through a copy of the APLH workbook prior to attending a personal licence course. This 86-page handbook explains UK licensing law in easy-to-understand English, and has been written specifically to accompany the Personal Licence course – but can also serve as a useful guide for future reference.
Please visit our shop HERE to purchase this Workbook for £11 (which includes VAT and delivery).
If you have any questions about our APLH course, the Personal Licence exam or the licence application process, please see our FAQs page for full details – or call our friendly office team on Freephone 0800 074 1583.