Top 15 Tips For A Family-Friendly Pub
Carrie Longton, founder of Mumsnet, has published her “wish list” for pubs to make them more family friendly, its worth taking note as there are over 1 million members of Mumsnet!
Pubs need to think about this, as more families now go to the likes of Starbucks or Pret a Manger rather than pubs.
She and her 1 million mums reckon pubs need to:
- Offer a genuine warm welcome when the kids are in tow
- Need to ensure pristine cleanliness on all surfaces
- Need to provide pristine changing facilities
- Need to have spotless high chairs
- Need to have an ample supply of plastic cups
- Need to provide colouring books and pencils
- Need to host “Mums mornings” to gather information of what mums look for locally
- Need to run “Mother and Baby32 classes
- Need to make it clear on web-sites if kids are welcome (or not)
- Need to actively market “kids are welcome”
- Need separate kid’s menus
- Need small kids portions of adult meals
- Need to ensure all staff are trained in Allergen Awareness (come on an Inn-Dispensable course, my words not Carrie’s!)
- Run an Easter Egg hunt day
- Dress staff as Cartoon characters.
All makes sense to me … How about you?